OLDEST IRISH AMERICAN NEWSPAPER IN USA, ESTABLISHED IN 1928
Category: Archive

McCullough blasts judges, wants Hamed rematch

February 16, 2011

By Staff Reporter

By Jay Mwamba

The outcome, needless to say, is always the same every time Wayne McCullough looks at the tape. Four weeks after his points loss to world featherweight titlist Naseem Hamed in Atlantic City on Halloween night, the bitterness lingers for the Belfastman.

"It’s just like the twilight zone," McCullouogh said from his Las Vegas home last week. "I’ve reviewed the tape numerous times and I don’t see his punches."

"I knew that I’d done enough to win, but as I told [promoter] Matt Tinley before they announced the decision, they weren’t going to give it to me because he’s the big draw.

"If I’d beaten him from pillar to post, they’d have made it close for him. I knew that I had to knock him out. That’s the only way he can lose."

Follow us on social media

Keep up to date with the latest news with The Irish Echo

Other Articles You Might Like

Sign up to our Daily Newsletter

Click to access the login or register cheese