The order has submitted three new applications to the Parades Commission seeking marches through the main Belfast peaceline separating the Protestant Shankill Road and the nationalist Falls Road on July 12th.
Up to 200 Orangemen, comprising three lodges and two bands, have applied to parade, compared to 60 orangemen and no bands who successfully applied to march the same route last year.
The order postponed Saturday’s march through security gates in the peaceline at Workman Avenue rather than take an alternative route proposed by the commission which would have reduced its march on the Springfield Road by about 100 meters.
The order’s county grand master in Belfast, Dawson Bailie, said there was no way it would agree to march the route proposed by the commission as it passed through an industrial estate.
The order said it would be mounting a campaign, through the courts and elsewhere, to get its march through the peaceline later this summer. It did not elaborate on what its tactics would be, saying no general gave the enemy advance knowledge.
The Orange Order is hoping the British government will intervene in the row after the Stormont security minister, Sean Woodward, said he was “aware of very strong feelings in the community about the scale of consultation.”
During the protest march organized by the order after announcing the postponement of the official Whiterock parade, the Shankill Road came to a standstill as crowds cheered loyalists, orangemen and bandsmen who took to the streets.